Freedom of information publication scheme
Welcome to the Publication Scheme for The Hearing Care Partnership as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication scheme is a guide to the information routinely made available to the public by The Hearing Care Partnership. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated. Where information is provided at cost, the charges will be calculated as set out in Class 7.
How the information is made available and feedback?
The information in each class is available on our website www.thcp.co.uk or as a printed document from: The Data Protection Manager, The Hearing Care Partnership, Clarendon House, 63 Downing Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PN
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations and access to information held by public authorities.
- Under The Data Protection Act 2018, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you. Please contact us by email at [email protected] or in writing at The Hearing Care Partnership, Clarendon House, 63 Downing Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PN
Classes of Information
All information held, retained and/or destroyed by The Hearing Care Partnership is done so in accordance with guidelines from our professional bodies. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be withheld under the exemptions set out in the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and the protection of personal information under the Data Protection Bill 2018. This applies to all Classes in the publication scheme. The information on this scheme is grouped into the following categories:
1) Who we are
- Company background. To find out more about our company please visit https://www.thcp.co.uk/about
- For a list of practices including contact phone numbers https://www.thcp.co.uk/find-a-practice
- Details of the Hearing specialists employed in one of our hearing care centres can be obtained by contacting that practice directly. All registered Hearing Aid Dispensers from the Health and Care Professions Council https://www.hcpc-uk.org/
2) Our services
All our practices in The Hearing Care Partnership provide hearing assessments, hearing aids and hearing accessories. Appointments for hearing assessments can be booked by telephone, online, or by visiting one of our practices. To find the address or phone number of your local practice, please go to https://www.thcp.co.uk/find-a-practice
Opening times can vary between locations, so please ring or view to confirm.
3) Financial and funding information
Full details of the company accounts can be sourced from Companies House. Tel: 0800 52 00 546 for information and charges.
4) Regular publications and information for the public
Information in relation to your hearing assessment, wax removal and hearing health can be found on our website at www.thcp.co.uk. A range of patient leaflets in relation to hearing, hearing health, hearing aids and hearing protection are available from your local Hearing Care Partnership practice. Our customers may also receive information in the form of THCP’s Talking Points magazine which may be sent with the letter recalling you for your next hearing assessment. If you would like to receive a copy of Talking Points magazine please contact your local Hearing Care Partnership practice.
A copy of our complaints procedure can be obtained from your local Hearing Care Partnership practice. If you have a complaint we recommend that you first contact the practice manager.
6) Our policies and procedures
Details of our Health and Safety policy can be obtained from your local Hearing Care Partnership practice.
Copies of our policies are available on request from:
The Data Protection Manager, The Hearing Care Partnership, Clarendon House, 63 Downing Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PN
7) This publication scheme
Cost of information
For the most part, you will not be charged for printed copies of information required. Any charges will vary according to how the information is made available. The charges are as follows:
- Information accessed via www.thcp.co.uk or provided by e-mail is free of charge except for charges made by your internet service provider.
- Requests for single printed copies are free of charge.
- Requests for multiple printed copies will attract a charge to cover costs such as photocopying and postage.
- These charges will be reviewed regularly.
Freedom of information Act 2000 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents
Material available through this publication scheme is copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is done so accurately in a manner that will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme.
For HMSO Guidance notes see https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents