At The Hearing Care Partnership, we understand that the pressure General Practitioners are facing is higher than ever before and that NHS England and Clinical Commissioning Groups are also looking at ways to encourage a drop in the number of incorrect referrals to hospitals, that may be impacting your practice.
We wish to support GPs in practice, by ensuring that all your hospital referrals to the Audiology and/or ENT Departments are relevant and appropriate to the needs of the patients, by offering our services as a first port of call.
We have the ability to provide you with a dedicated hearing pathway for your patients, where patients can be referred to us for a comprehensive Full Hearing Assessment. Our assessments include Pure Tone Audiometry, video-otoscopy, Tympanometry and Speech Testing as standard. The results and subsequent hearing care advice will be fully explained to the patient and we will send a full report directly to you.
We work with the latest technology and equipment and are able to share pictures of the patient’s ear canal with you. This can allow you to triage your patient without scheduling a face-to-face appointment, saving you valuable time and money for your practice.
For all patient referrals, including high concern cases, we are able to offer communication tactics, management techniques and expert care.
We promote a brilliant local service and can talk to patients about NHS and private hearing care to help them make the best lifestyle choice. Our Audiologists are industry experts, leading the way in person-centred care and can offer all the best options available, from first class advice to top of the range hearing aids.
The services we provide include:
- Free Full Hearing Assessments (usually available within a week)
- The latest digital hearing aids, including the Oticon OPN S™
- Ear Wax Removal (includes a Free Hearing Test
- Free tinnitus consultations
- Hearing protection management
- No referral fee, unlike NHS foundations
- Ear congestion advice
- Infection monitoring via images and reports which can be sent directly to your GP practice at no extra charge
Keeping patients safe: our COVID-19 safety measures
Having implemented high safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to safely provide our hearing care services to our patients. In order to provide the best possible experience to our patients, we work with our partner practices to ensure that everyone remains safe throughout their journey with us:
- All patients are contacted via phone and asked about any COVID-19 symptoms prior to their appointment and those displaying any symptoms will be offered the next available appointment after their self-isolation
- Our new patient journey ensures an efficient, safe and sanitised in-practice experience
- Initial video consultations are available, where preferred by the patient.
- Relevant check-ins (such as a two week follow up appointment) are carried out via email and on the phone where possible
- All Audiologists and practice staff are up to date with the latest PPE training and government advice
- All staff wear appropriate PPE at all times including face masks, face shields, gloves and disposable aprons
- Practices adhere to social distancing measures which can include perspex screens, wide corridors and a booking-only policy
- Patients have access to hand hygiene facilities
- Practice rooms are fully sanitised between patient visits
Our practices, located nationwide, can provide your patients access to our expert Audiologists, fast track appointments and the best person-centered care and advice possible.
By making The Hearing Care Partnership your first port of call in all your audiological matters, you are ensuring that onward referrals to hospitals are based on audiological history and results.
We provide an environment where an NHS GP Practice and a private sector company can deliver a patient focused and fast service, hand in hand.